Valley of the Sun Clean Cities Coalition (VSCCC) is working to lessen commercial and public use of petroleum fuel in order to reduce air pollution and promote greater energy security.
With the help of members and sponsors, our community efforts are working! In 2012 Phoenix was the most effective metropolitan area in the U.S. for displacement of petroleum fuel consumption with CNG, LPG, biodiesel, electricity, and other alternatives (51 million gallons). We are number one!VSCCC is one of 85 U.S. coalitions chartered by the U.S. Department of Energy under the Energy Policy Act and the Clean Air Act serving Maricopa, Coconino, Mohave, Yavapai, and La Paz counties.
We need your support. Our grant from DOE has been cut significantly, and so we need you as a member or sponsor to keep VSCCC as the most effective and efficient coalition in the U.S.
Our efforts are effective, and we would like you to be a part of the team that is:
- Reducing health risks associated with vehicle emissions, particularly in urban communities
- Improving the quality of life for our community and our families
- Providing energy independence not just from foreign oil — but from fuel supply mishaps as we experienced last fall
- Making the Valley of the Sun a more inviting tourist destination. Clean air is a vital component in attracting tourist here to the Valley.
Through dedication of our team members, Maricopa County is:
- A leading county in the use of alternative, “American” fuel. This single county now consumes 15 million gallons of “American” fuel annually – including over 10% of the U.S.’ total vehicular natural gas consumed yearly.
- The home of the largest U.S. user of Liquefied Natural Gas
- The home of the largest U.S. user of Biodiesel
- The home the leading U.S. airport in the use of American Fuel
- The home of the largest U.S. municipal police fleet using Compressed Natural Gas
- A U.S. leader in the use of Clean American Fuel, displacing 50 Million gallons of petroleum fuel
A great deal has been accomplished, but a greater potential lies ahead. We must also remember that as this dynamic community grows — so does the challenge of maintaining environment and public health. We need your support and effort to take on these challenges! Since the reemergence of the Valley of the Sun Clean Cities Coalitionsix years ago, three of our members have been awarded recognition as National Partners by the US Department of Energy National Clean Cities Program – three more have been cited for honorable mention. How can you participate? More than just the nominal dues contribution, there are a variety of ways to become involved. First, we would be happy to welcome you or a designee to participate in our meetings and activities. Our members are the very best source of information regarding various transportation technologies that provide advantages for your own operation. You may be able to provide a venue for meetings or displays, as well participate in presentations. This is a proactive organization. The strength of our group was is a testament to our members. Join us today and make a difference for your community!
Why JOIN the VSCCC?
- You are recognized in the community online, in PR, on collateral, in our newsletters, and at events as a supporter of the most effective coalition in the U.S., displacing 51 million gallons per year. We can arrange articles, presentations and other ways for you to gain additional exposure depending on your level of membership and sponsorship.
- You gain access to hundreds of our local stakeholders, and to the stakeholders across the nation including fleet managers, OEM, fuel providers, as well as civic and government leaders.
- You gain access through VSCCC and DOE to 3 key national laboratories and their team of experts: the National Renewable Energy Labs in Colorado, Oakridge National Labs in Tennessee, and Argonne National Labs in Chicago. These labs are committed to the advancement of the technology and performance of alternative fuel vehicles and alternative fuels.
- You receive the Clean Cities directory of all OEM Alternative Fuel Vehicles – light, medium, and heavy duty. We can provide specifications and comparisons in operating costs and emissions, and you can receive a personalized profile of equipment that you may be considering to purchase.
- You gain access to a web-based alternative fuel station locator that defines the location of stations supplying CNG, Biodiesel, Electric Charging, Ethanol, and Propane. This mapping service allows you to plot stations along the route of a local or interstate travel plan to reduce costs.
- Listing on our web site – alongside National Partners.
- PR/media contact and support through our extensive media relationships.
- Provide input to the operation and retain voting rights for directors and other key workshops/activities.
- Legislative participation and contact.
- Gain a display booth at our annual Legislative Breakfast held at the State Capitol Building.
- Participation in bimonthly workshops and events that showcase a wide variety of clean fuel/clean car technologies and equipment.
- Contacts to key area industry and partners within the Valley.
- Informative Newsletters that detail VSCCC’s recent work along with new and exciting changes in the alternative vehicle industry – we have a “Member’s Corner” for members to write about new ideas.
- Access to meeting rooms at ASU SkySong Campus in Scottsdale, which offers state-of-the-art conference room capabilities.
- Join us on Twitter or Facebook for Updates and Information on important meetings along with helpful information on Arizona’s progress with lowering emissions.
Classes of Membership: Voting (Platinum/Gold) or Non-Voting (Silver)
A voting member has the right to elect and run for the Board of Directors, plus vote on policies brought to the membership at the Annual Meeting.
Additional Member Benefits:
- Platinum/Gold Membership:
- Make a Presentation — The ability to network during one of our meetings has proven to be very positive. But, as a dues paying member, you will have an opportunity to make a presentation highlighting your organization at one of our meetings.
- Reduced Grant Writing Fees — Normally, PSG charges a flat $3,500 fee for for our grant writing services. However, we will reduce this for VSCCC stakeholders to $1,500 and handle all reporting and administrative work for the grant at no further charge to a stakeholder. (Those fees will be built into the grant and paid for by the granting authority.)
- Reduced Membership Fee for “FleetAnalytix” — — Normally, membership into our new fleet analysis and planning website is based on fleet size. Memberships range from $350.00 to $600.00 depending on the quantity of vehicles in the fleet. For VSCCC stakeholders, we will offer a flat $300.00 membership for CY2014. As the site continues to expand in functionality and increase its capabilities…VSCCC fleets will NOT be charged any additional fees. So, for $300.00 a stakeholder will receive the benefits available today and all of those that will be release next year. http://www.fleetanalytix.com
- Silver Membership:
- Basic Membership with all the listed benefits described in “Why Join VSCCC?”; as noted above, this membership does not have voting board rights.
Membership dues will be collected annually. Only members in “good standing” will be allowed full member rights and member-only benefits. Dues will be prorated on a quarterly basis beginning October 1st of each year. The VSCCC will consider alternative dues payment arrangements and in-kind organizational support.
Voting Non-Voting Individual: $100 Government: Municipality>500,000: $1,000 $500 Municipality<500,000: $500 $250 School District: $250 $125 County Agency: $500 $250 State Agency: $500 $250 Non-Profit Organization: $250 $125 Corporate/Utility: $2,000/$1,000 $500
Remit Below Form and Payment to:
Valley of the Sun Clean Cities Coalition, Inc.
102 W. McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85003-1297
Attn: Bill Sheaffer
Organization Name: __________________________________________________
City: ___________________________ State: __________ Zip Code: ________________
Contact Person: _________________________________ Telephone: _________________
Additional e-mail addresses: ___________________________________________________
Member Type: (check appropriate box)
Amount Enclosed: $___________
Do you need a receipt? Yes No